In one of the smallest villages in the landscape of Groningen, just south of Roodeschool is the location of the most northern hotel of the Netherlands on the mainland.
In the typical landscape of Noord-Groningen, near the Eemshaven, which is the most recent and fast growing harbor complex of the Netherlands, a modern Catering business is located where guests are treated in the old-fashioned hospitable way.
Having the Eemshaven and the Waddenzee at close range, the environment offers a number of sights. Northern Groningen means enjoying the peace and quiet and the panoramic view. The views are quite surprising, the farms impressive.
- From the Eemshaven a daily trip to the German Frisian Island of Borkum
- The Menkemaborg and the rose gardens in Uithuizen
- The open-air museum Het Hogeland (The Highland) in Warffum
- The seal sanctuary and the centre for tidal marsh run in Pieterburen
- The famous ‘hanging kitchens’ in the nice little city of Appingedam
- The prestigious Groninger Museum in Groningen, which offers not only modern art but also a lot about the history of the province.
- Accommodations in the neighborhood: www.eemsmondhotels.nl